camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject camel-cxf component & dependencies jars !!
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:43:15 GMT

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best/quickest way to design OSGI
librairies/bundles for a project ?

First of all, let's start with a example : camel + cxf

To deploy such a project top of SMX kernel 1.x, I need of course to create
an osgi project for my code. This project can be created using mvn archetype
(maven-felix-plugin), bnd or pax-contruct

my.company.osgi.camel.cxf

Let's says that this osgi bundle depends on :

camel-core 2.0-SNAPSHOT,
camel-spring 2.0-SNAPSHOT,
camel-cxf 2.0-SNAPSHOT

Those dependencies already exist as OSGI bundles (thanks for Camel team), so
I can install them easily in SMX Kernel 1.x

But these dependencies depends on additional jars which are potentially not
at all 'OSGI'fied like  org.apache.cxf.* (2.2-SNAPSHOT). Moreover, apache
cxf depends on another jars.

Questions :

- How can I easily/quickly detect which jars are not 'osgi'fied' to avoid to
iterate through cycles of deployment, looking in the log and discovering
that dependencies are unresolved ?
- What is the best strategy to OSGIfied them ? I mean 'use by example the
option 'embed-transitive' of bnd tools (which is used by maven-felix-plugin
or pax-constrcut)'. But the risk is that too much jars are embedded in my
osgi bundle or wrapped separetely

Regards,

-----
Charles Moulliard