camel-users mailing list archives

From "Davis Ford" <davisf...@gmail.com>
Subject questions on JPA component
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:35:41 GMT
Hi, regarding the @Consumed annotation

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/maven/camel-jpa/apidocs/org/apache/camel/component/jpa/Consumed.html

I'm a bit curious how this works.  If I have the following setup:

NodeA <----> OracleDB <----> NodeB

Where I have a JpaProducer on NodeA and a JpaConsumer on NodeB

And I have something like

@Entity
public class MyEntity {

    etc..

    @Consumed
    public void consumed() {
        System.out.println("Message was consumed");
    }
}

I tried this out in a single JVM test that hits an oracle database and
it works.  I get a callback on the @Consumed method.  But in a
distributed environment -- how does this work?  How would the producer
on NodeA know that the consumer on NodeB got the Exchange?

Follow up question:  The @Consumed annotation will come in really
handy for me if I can get it to work the way I want.  Here's what I am
attempting to do:

1. Producer sends message
2. Consumer gets message
3. Consumer has to do some operation that may fail
  3a. If it does fail I do not want the producer notified that the
message was consumed
  3b. If it does not fail, I want the producer notified so it can do
some local cleanup

Maybe the @Consumed is not what I want -- is there some way to insert
a hook on the consumer side to control when the producer would get
notified?

Thanks in advance,
Davis

--