camel-users mailing list archives

From Ramon Buckland <ramon.buckl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel Remote File Producer / Recipient List Password Issue
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:07:47 GMT
I created a quick test (added a test method to
camel-ftp/..UriConfigurationTest.

As it turns out, the URI object passed to the RemoteConfiguration does not
distinguish a seperate username / password.
Currently the username is in uri.getUserInfo(). When you supply
ftp://username:password@ you see userInfo as "username:password".

In this case, the only way to handle this is to split on a colon. Which
means colon then has to be escaped it is it part of a username (we could say
that the first colon is the separator).

URI is doing the correct thing, userInfo has the "user info", username AND
password. We would need to split it if it is there.
And handle a :colon username , such as ftp://my%3Ausername:password@host:port/
by url (de)encoded format.

Question: should we add this "feature in" ?