camel-users mailing list archives

From Matvey <mat...@inbox.ru>
Subject Re: Camel routes to JMS problem: one simple message sent many times (duplicated)
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:02:14 GMT

Matvey wrote:

> My confuguration: I want updatesender bean to send one JMS message to
> Updates queue every time the method sendUM() invokes. In a real life it
> work a bit different...
>
> <camelContext id="camel"
>                 xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>     <package>org.apache.camel.example.spring</package>
>
>     <route>
>       <from uri="bean:updatesender?methodName=sendUM"/>
>       <to uri="activemq:queue:Updates?exchangePattern=InOnly" />
>     </route>
>
>   </camelContext>
>
>   <bean id="updatesender" class="JMSSender" />
>
>   <camel:template id="camelTemplate"/>
>
> ------------------------------
> My JMSSender class is very simple:
>
> ------------------------------
> public class JMSSender
> {
>
>   ArrayList<Properties> um = null;
>
>   public void  sendMessage(ArrayList<Properties> u)
>   {
>     this.um = u;
>     sendUM();
>   }
>
>   public ArrayList<Properties> sendUM()
>   {
>     return um;
>   }
>
> }
> ------------------------------
>
> Problems:
> 1.  My problem is that I invoke method sendMessage only once un my app. So
> Method sendUM is called only once as well. But using activeMQ monitor I
> see that my message was sent every 20-25 seconds and my listener app
> receives this message many times, until I stop my application which sent
> this only one message.
> 2. If I stop my listener app and browse my Updates queue than I see only
> one message there (although admin app show many messages there), all other
> (duplicated) messages are immediately moved to ActiveMQ.DLQ queue.
>
> SO my questions are: how to avoid this behavior and why message resends
> every 20-25 seconds automatically, is that configuration problem?

Addition
It seems like setting pattern to InOnly via URI
to uri="activemq:queue:Updates?exchangePattern=InOnly" />
does not work at all. I have checked log files - the pattern InOut is always
used. A kind of temporary solution (until Camel 1.5.1 or 2.0 is released) is
described in this topic:
http://www.nabble.com/Asynchronously-sending-POSTed-data-to-the-JMS-queue.-td20917013s22882.html

Any other suggestions or ideas?
P.S. There's no chance to download Camel 1.5.1, all link are dead  :^(