camel-users mailing list archives

From chrajanirao <>
Subject JmsComponent issue with spring's JmsTransactionManager is used
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:06:03 GMT

It seems to me that Spring's DMLC implementation has a flaw/bug when
JmsTransactionManager and CACHE_SESSION is used. It seems, spring is
creating a session upfront once as we have cache session and a new session
for every message in JmsTransactionManager. The cached session is being used
for receiving. Hence if you don't specify sessionTransacted=true but supply
the TX manager, the non-transacted cached session is used for consuming
messages. This is a serious problem.

Although this is a spring issue, I wanted to bring it up here as Camel is
enforcing that you supply a Tx manager when sessionTransacted=true and it
degrades performance by creating a new session evetytime and not even use it
consume messages.

If someone from Camel team can confirm this behavior, I can create an issue
for Spring team to fix the DMLC implementation to use the cached session
when exists under JmsTransactionManager similar to using Shared Connection.