camel-users mailing list archives

From nojonojo <n0...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: restlet usage
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:27:46 GMT

Okay, next question on usage of the restlet component.

I'm trying to POST a new resource via a rest call.  My route looks something
like:

from("restlet:http://localhost:8080/users/{username}?restletMethod=POST").process(new
SetUserProcessor());

Where SetUserProcessor might do some processing.

I'm POSTing a request with a url like http://localhost:8080/users/homer, and
the body is a JSON-encoded String.  I'll worry about processing the JSON
later - right now, that's just some payload representing a user.  The
process method in the processor is being invoked appropriately, and the
username header is populated properly in the input.  However, the body of
the Message is empty by the time it makes it to the processor.  The data
that I have in the body is nowhere to be seen, as far as I can tell.

Name-value pairs in the POST body do appear in the headers, it's just that
when there's a block of data (as you'd do in a POST or a PUT using REST), it
doesn't come through.