camel-users mailing list archives

From icucode <fri.radi...@gmail.com>
Subject File component - dynamic file path?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:31:42 GMT

Hi,

I have a environment with three components
"client->queue(ActiveMQ)->server". On the client I currently use spring
remoting to invoke the servers service and a java file with routing
information is located at the server. My messages consists of a single
String and I would like to place these messages in a directory on the server
and at the same time invoke a method for further processing.

        / Save message to file
queue
        \ Process message

My problem is that I can't decide upon the best way to set the file path
dynamically. I have an ID for each message that is known on the client
side(But it is not present in the message) and I would like to know if it is
possible to add this ID using setHeader(FileComponent.HEADER_FILE_NAME,
ID/filename) - how can I do that when I'm using spring remoting? (Don't have
a message object)
If I set this on the client is this information then accessible on the
server using a simple "to("file://orders/?noop=true)" (Should save the file
into orders/ID/filename)?

If it matters the client and server are running in separate java instances.

Thanks for the great software