camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advise on @Annotation & Reflection !!
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:26:39 GMT

Question :

Do I have to reuse the code of the CSVDataFormat class in the unmarshall
method in order to extract from the file each CSV record  like this ?

        InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream);
        try {
            CSVParser parser = new CSVParser(in, getStrategy());
            List<List<String>> list = new ArrayList<List<String>>();
            while (true) {
                String[] strings = parser.getLine();

Remark : the issue is that through my annotation I define the field
'separator' and parser will split the content according to what is define in
the strategy

OR my code must be independent of org.apache.commons.csv classes ?

James.Strachan wrote:

> 2009/1/12 cmoulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com>:
>>
>> After a few days of reflection (and a good week-end), I'm coming back
>> also
>> with some ideas and a name
>>
>> I think that the name of the project / package will be simply : "bindy"
>> Why,
>> the idea behind this framework is to bind data to Java Bean using
>> annotations.
>
> Lovely! :)
>
>>  The framework in this first release allows a user to bind a CSV
>> record to more than one POJOs and to convert the data according to the
>> type
>> of the java property. The objects created can be link together in an one
>> one relation. In the next step, it will be possible to bind also fixed
>> length content (including header and footer). From the java objects, it
>> is
>> possible to generate the data content (ex : csv, fixedlength, ...).
>>
>> Concerning the package I propose to use :
>>
>> org.apache.camel.bindy.annotation (where annotations have been defined
>> and
>> can be used for csv, fixed length, ...
>> org.apache.camel.bindy.csv (for CSV)
>> org.apache.camel.bindy.fixed (for fixed length)
>> org.apache.camel.bindy.format
>> org.apache.camel.bindy.format.impl (to transform string to java type or
>> java
>> types to String)
>>
>> I'm not so long from your proposal ;-)
>>
>> Charles
>>

>> James.Strachan wrote:

>>> Yeah I think so

>>> Naming is probably the trickiest bit of software development :). I
>>> confess to really not being sure - after a few days; here's the best I
>>> could come up with (though note I'm not too hot at naming things :)
>>>
>>> name: CsvBinding
>>> module:  camel-csv-binding
>>> package: org.apache.camel.binding.csv
>>>
>>> --