camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <>
Subject Re: Advise on @Annotation & Reflection !!
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:07:03 GMT

After a few days of reflection (and a good week-end), I'm coming back also
with some ideas and a name

I think that the name of the project / package will be simply : "bindy" Why,
the idea behind this framework is to bind data to Java Bean using
annotations. The framework in this first release allows a user to bind a CSV
record to more than one POJOs and to convert the data according to the type
of the java property. The objects created can be link together in an one to
one relation. In the next step, it will be possible to bind also fixed
length content (including header and footer). From the java objects, it is
possible to generate the data content (ex : csv, fixedlength, ...).

Concerning the package I propose to use :

org.apache.camel.bindy.annotation (where annotations have been defined and
can be used for csv, fixed length, ...
org.apache.camel.bindy.csv (for CSV)
org.apache.camel.bindy.fixed (for fixed length)
org.apache.camel.bindy.format.impl (to transform string to java type or java
types to String)

I'm not so long from your proposal ;-)

James.Strachan wrote:
> 2009/1/8 cmoulliard <>:
>> Question
>> - Are we going to create a new module (under components folder) for this
>> framework ?
> Yeah I think so
>> - If this is the case, which name (project and package name) are we going
>> use regarding to the fact that this framework can parse/format CSV,
>> fixedLength format where the binding is defined through annotations ?
>> Suggestion : JAnXB - Java Api for non XML binding ?
> Naming is probably the trickiest bit of software development :). I
> confess to really not being sure - after a few days; here's the best I
> could come up with (though note I'm not too hot at naming things :)
> name: CsvBinding
> module:  camel-csv-binding
> package: org.apache.camel.binding.csv
> --