camel-users mailing list archives

From huntc <>
Subject Re: Dependent endpoints
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:56:00 GMT

Hi Claus,

Thanks for your reply - as always very helpful.

Following your advice I think I can share each endpoint's IOSession object
(the MINA session). The decoder provides a finishDecode method when a
session close occurs. Similarly there's a dispose method for the encoder
which I presume is called on session closure (the docs don't actually say
but I'll check).

Given that an IOSession can technically change during the lifetime of my
Camel endpoints, I'm going to have to find some way of communicating the
object when sending from, say 8000 to 8001. Once that is solved each set of
codec classes should then have the ability of closing down the other

Perhaps the IOSession object should even be carried around in the exchange

Tomorrow's challenge!

Kind regards,