camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing using Camel Test or Spring Testing or Guice
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:44:10 GMT
We've been through a few iterations of testing during the lifetime of
the Camel project; we started with ContextTestSupport which was quite
handy; Mock endpoints camel along, then the Camel binding and
injection annotations came...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/bean-integration.html

together with Spring Test came along along with which made testing
much simpler and more powerful
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring-testing.html

then came Guice support not requiring any XML
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/guice.html

and finally support for Spring Java Config to allow folks to use
Spring without any XML
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/spring-java-config.html

However not everyone uses Spring or Guice for Dependency Injection;
sometimes folks use straight Java code. So then Camel Test has
recently come along as an option...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/camel-test.html

This might now all seem confusing! So I've tried to create a testing
page describing how they are all now pretty similar; whether using
Camel Test, Spring Testing with XML or Java Config or Guice...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/testing.html

Any feedback/thoughts welcome!

--
James