camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <>
Subject Re: Splitter in XML
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:58:30 GMT
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:54 PM, radisb <> wrote:
> What is the spring XML equivalent of this java DSL snippet:
> from(A).
> splitter(body(String.class).tokenize(delimitingString)).
> streaming().
> to(B)
> Especially I cant find how to represent in XML the
> "body(String.class).tokenize(delimitingString)" part:
> <splitter streaming="true">
> ?????????
> </splitter>
Yeah the Spring DSL is sometimes a bit limited compared to the full
power of the Java DSL.
You hit a case where the Spring DSL comes short. You want to set the
expression that splits the body using delimiter.

In the Java DSL we have expression builders for this so the syntax can
be nice and easy. These builders is not avail in the spring DSL, so
it's not possible to do in pure Spring DSL.

We have a ticket in JIRA to improve the spring DSL

So I guess we need to expose the ExpressionBuilder in the Spring DSL
so you can use these builder methods in the Spring DSL directly. Then
you get access to all these nice methods for tokenize, regexp etc.

I have created a ticket for this request