camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <>
Subject [HEADS-UP] - camel-ftp had a major refactor in Camel 2.0
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:44:32 GMT

The camel-ftp component have had a major face lift (CAMEL-1153 and
others) in Camel 2.0 to be much more aligned with the camel-file
It has paved the way for sometime in the future to let the file and
remote file component to be merged.

This change also changed some of the names of the endpoint options,
see the updated wiki (when I get it done)

We would like the community to give it a test on your system if you
have the time to help here. Any feedback is appreciated.
Please report any bugs or other issues you have with it on your system.

We are also considering adding the idempotent feature directly into
the camel-ftp to avoid downloading already processed files, and then
to find out that you have already processed it.
However usually you use a different strategy such as renaming /
deleting processed files so if the community doesn't need it we could
avoid adding it. Any thoughts?

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

View raw message