camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <>
Subject Re: Will onException handle exceptions thrown from 'when' clause?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:48:12 GMT

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Fush <> wrote:
> It seems that the XML is not valid if the <from> tag is not immediately after
> the <route> tag. So I'm not allowed to move the <onException> tags to the
> top. I'll create a Jira issue as you suggested.
In the Java DSL you can do this, so I was hoping it would help. Yeap
create the JIRA and let me take a look.

Maybe as a work around you can have some kind of dummy route before
the choice, i.e. shoot in a processor, or another bean that does not
fail. Just to verify that if the choice .. otherwise combo is not
directly after the from.

from(xxx).to("bean:diummy").choice ....