camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <>
Subject Re: Batch Message Consuming
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:30:47 GMT

You want to consume X messages from a JMS queue and then process them
as a single unit of work (together in one transaction)?

I guess other from eg ActiveMQ user forum had a similar use-case, so
maybe there is a answer there.

If you want true transaction then it should be the backing system (the
JMS broker) than is the TX manager, and thus the Camel's
DeadLetterChannel is not used. But I dont know how or if its possible
to consume X messages as a batch.

Maybe there are some safe points or (start batch, end batch) commands
that can be invoked to the JMS broker.
Any other with such experience?