camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Camel 2.0 - File component now with sorting - feedback and review welcome
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:53:28 GMT
Hi

Yeah better late than newer, we finally got file sorting
out-of-the-box on the file component. It had been on my internal TODO
list for quite a while but I also wanted to use the oppotunity to give
a make over of the internals in the file consumer.
The code had some side effects with the timestamp that confuses me and
end-users. And some code to detect already processed file that might
have changed etc. All stuff that gets complex to use and text and make
sure it works. And frankly we didn't have good unit tests to cover
these areas.

So as the ticket CAMEL-1112 was requested by an end user I used the
fact that the wife was not around so I had time in the weekend only
interrupted with the footie on the TV.

To spread the word I created a blog entry:
http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/2008/12/camel-and-file-sorting.html

And have updated the wiki with some samples as well.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/file.html

Feel free to review and give feedback so we can iron it out before
implementing it on the FTP component as well.

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/