camel-users mailing list archives

From "Ramon Buckland" <ra...@thebuckland.com>
Subject Re: Camel split WIKI page
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 04:13:41 GMT
I notice that this is a problem of the wiki way of doing things.
Is there a workable model where 1.5 (1.5.x) software can be documented in
isolation of any 2.0 changes.

then 2.0 documentation includes, enhances and adds to 1.5.x documentation.

Does confluence support anything like this ? (ie {supported version=1.5} ) ?

The end result I would expect to see is documentation specific for 1.5 and a
separate tree for 2.0.

At the moment I am noticing some documentation going up which is not
supported yet in any production release.
(and the automatic documentation is a problem with the Wiki looking into SVN
trunk to pull examples, not yet supported).

An example of this being important is:

Active MQ is 5.2.0 released with camel 1.5.0.

So I logically, when working with AMQ want only the documentation related to
1.5.0 as this will be the "production" release for the client. If I can see
that something I want is now available in 2.0, I can deal with it
appropriately (backport, speak to client, work around problem to use
available etc).

There must be a better way than current (but please don't get me wrong, the
documentation is good.. much better than other products I have used! )

cheers
r.