camel-users mailing list archives

From radisb <rad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please keep this unintended feature in camel and other requests
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:20:28 GMT

I havent loooked into the code thoroughly, I guess between the two options,
the TX policy is a better place since dead letter is supposed to be turned
off automatically when transactions are used, or at least i think that this
is the intended beheviour.

For James suggestion: I think James essentially says that if we put this
hidden functionality as a feature  in TX as Claus suggests, then it still
remains what should be done when no policy is defined. The consumer
defaulting it might be ok. But I am thinking maybe the policy should be
mandatory when transactions are used. Maybe throw an error if a route is
transacted without a policy.

I must definitely look the code because maybe what i am saying makes no
sense and also i have some other things i ve not clarified. I ll come back
after that so i can have a more informed opinion