camel-users mailing list archives

From Ryadh Amar <magnetic.gan...@gmail.com>
Subject Using the correlation id in regular routes
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:11:13 GMT

Hello all,
I have the following setup:
a route which ends up moving files to directory input/
another one which polls the done/ and errors/ directories
Now, an external applications takes files from the input processes them and
sends the result to the done/ directory and the errors to the errors/
directory
There is a common pattern in the file naming strategy:
input: 123456.xml
errors: 123456.log
done: 123456.log
${file:name.noext} seems to be a good candidate for a correlation identifier
But I can't get how I can use the identifier in the configuration of the
routes
I was looking for a correlate method for the route configuration dsl, but it
doesn't seem to be available,
and I gave a shot at BAM, which is realy helpful for time based checks, but
doesn't seem to give me the possiblity to route messages(apart from
failures)

There is obviously a way to do this using processors, and filters etc... but
I think that this could be achieved in a much simpler fashion.

Thank you in advance for your replies,
Ryadh.