camel-users mailing list archives

From huntc <hu...@mac.com>
Subject MINA vm vs tcp in a route
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:05:44 GMT

Hi there,

This might well turn out to be a question for the MINA forum, but as I'm
using MINA inside Camel...

If I have an endpoint described like:

mina:tcp://localhost:11010?codec=ilvCodecFactory&amp;lazySessionCreation=true&amp;sync=true

and from() and to() declarations in my route configuration (so that I can be
a client and a server) then all is well i.e. the codec is invoked -
everything works as expected.

However if I replace "tcp" with "vm" the encoder/decoder is not invoked
i.e.:

mina:vm://localhost:11010?codec=ilvCodecFactory&amp;lazySessionCreation=true&amp;sync=true

Is there something about the Mina VM protocol that I'm not understanding
here?

Kind regards,
Christopher