camel-users mailing list archives

From ychawla <premiergenerat...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: not getting exception from exchange
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:50:17 GMT

Hi Claus,
Thanks for the response.  Since I have camel on both ends of the queue here,
it is easy enough to set a message property to handle it:

Throw an exception like this:
Exception exception = new Exception("No Client ID was found.");
exchange.getIn().setHeader("SSAFException", exception);
throw exception;

Have a bean in a pipeline for my error queue and get the Exception:
Exception ssafException = (Exception) message.getHeader("SSAFException");

I see some of the design challenges of preserving exceptions over JMS
especially when you don't want consumer is on the other end.  For my issue
it is camel to camel in the same JVM so this works great.

I am going to review the JIRA's and throw in a vote.

Cheers,
Yogesh