camel-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Hammack <chamm...@fadedsky.com>
Subject Memory leak in FileConsumer in Camel 1.5.0
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:13:33 GMT

Using a memory profiler, we've identified what appears to be a substantial
memory leak in FileConsumer in Camel 1.5.0.  It appears that the noopMap is
constantly having items added to it, but nothing performs a remove on it
when the file is consumed.  This causes a very large amount of string data
to be accumulated in the heap.  In our application, this was a leak of
several hundred megabytes and is a showstopper.   Considering the apparent
severity of this issue, it would really be nice if a fix could be
incorporated into a 1.5.1 version.

Thanks.