camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <>
Subject Re: onException for a particular route
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:36:20 GMT
I've attempted what Claus suggested on putting onException in a route

Camel allows this to start up but it appears to have no affect and
routes simply time out.

Can anyone comment on whether this is valid? makes no mention
of if this should be permitted on not.

----- Original message -----
From: "Martin Gilday" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:59:34 +0000
Subject: onException for a particular route

Reading through the docs there is an explanation of how to use
onException to set error handling for the global context.  There is also
instructions on how to set up an errorHandler for a particular route.
Is it possible to set up onException handlers that only apply to an
individual or subset of routes?  deadLetterChannelBuilder has method
named exceptionPolicyStrategy which may be what I am after.  Could
someone point me in the direction of a code snippet of how to use this?

View raw message