camel-users mailing list archives

From "Roman Kalukiewicz" <>
Subject Re: Hmm, that sounds like a security vulnerability.
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:17:19 GMT
2008/11/18 Claus Ibsen <>:
> Hi
> We could also add a URI option as a flag for the any/localhost stuff
> But what would a good option name be?
>> from("jetty:http://any:1234/myPath?anyLocalhost=true").

This is what I really like. This way what we do is clear, and we
explicitely mark that we want to ignore host part of the uri.

I would just change a parameter name to something like
'allInterfaces=true'. The open question would be if we should default
this parameter to true or false?
* false is good, because URI is taken as a whole and nothing is
silently discarded by default
* true is good, because it is the most common usage and it is backward

My choice would be *false* but it is only +0.5 - I'm not really convinced ;)

Anyway thanks Claus! I believe all interested parties are happy with
such a solution!

View raw message