camel-users mailing list archives

From Trevv <...@safe-mail.net>
Subject Re: Exception handling, for InOut exchanges?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:34:17 GMT

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
> BTW: As I am interesting in improving the documentation could you
> maybe help me out here. On which page/section on the wiki would you
> expect a sample for in out style?
Possibly http://activemq.apache.org/camel/exception-clause.html .

The problem was that all the exception handling examples, on that page
and on other pages, end with '.to("some endpoint")' to specify where
the failure responses will go; I didn't know what endpoint I could put
inside the '.to("")' in order to get the failure responses to go back
to the same consumer that originally created the exchange.

It took a few days to realize that I could omit the ".to()" and replace
it with a ".handled()" and a ".transform()" to get the right behavior.