camel-users mailing list archives

From Fush <rikard.erik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.5 error handling Spring config buggy/not complete?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:40:09 GMT

Yeah, I've now moved the onException to right after the <from> tag. It looks
like this:

<onException>
	<exception>org.my.exception.FunctionalException</exception>
	<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="0" />
	<choice>
		<when>
			<methodCall bean="myOwnErrorHandler" method="hasSpecialEnumCode"/>
			<handled>
				<constant>true</constant>
			</handled>
			<to uri="activemq:queue/myQueue/myFunctionalErrorQueue"/>
		</when>
		<otherwise/>
	</choice>
</onException>

But there are two problems with this:
1. The <handled> tag can't be inside the <when> tags.
2. If the <methodCall> resolves to false (ie the special enum is not found,
and the <otherwise> tag is entered), I would like the normal
redeliveryPolicy set on the jmsConnectionFactory to kick in and handle the
exception (ie with delay/redeliveries). But with the present configuration,
it seems like I must implement some error handling within the <otherwise>,
right?