camel-users mailing list archives

From Drone42 <gert.ville...@logica.com>
Subject Camel route and message header field mapping
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:55:27 GMT

I'm trying to create a Camel route with an iBATIS SU for storage of data,
i.e.

MyApp -> MessageFilter SU -> iBATIS SU

I dont understand how the POJO created in MyApp is mapped to message header
fields in a message transfered through a Camel route and finally to
identifiers in the SQL query definition of iBATIS. This is likely a general
problem due to my missing understanding of Camel.

I have gone through the Camel iBATIS test program. It creates an Account,
configures it and send it to the iBATIS endpoint. That I understand. But
what when I have another Camel SU in between? How can I filter on the
'Account' instance created by MyApp in the MessageFilter? Which fields are
available in the message header? All? Will each attribute in the POJO be
mapped to a separate message header field, i.e. if the Account class is
defined as

public class Account {
    private int id;
    private String firstName;
    private String lastName;
    private String emailAddress;

Will each of these fields then be available in the message header so that I
can configure the filter route as

from("foo:start").filter().xpath("/Account[@firstName='James']").to(ibatis:InsertAccount);