camel-users mailing list archives

From Jeff V <>
Subject RE: Usage of Mina in camelContext for TCP loop.
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:57:43 GMT

Thanks Claus,

The service I am connecting to is a TCP server mode socket that has two
modes of communication:

1) Request / Response
AMQ: <Request><ParameterQuery param="temperature" /></Request>
DEV:  <Response><QueryResult param="temperature" value="22.5"/></Response>

2) unsolicited events
DEV:  <Event><ParameterAlarm param="temperature" value="30.1" desc="high

In my slightly contrived example, AMQ is the ActiveMQ generating / routing
requests and DEV represents a device connected to the TCP port responding to
requests and generating event messages.

I would like two way async communications such that my update messages can
flow into AMQ and be routed to topic subscribers, logs, persistent storage,
email etc..

I do not need the request response to a camel exchange, I will handle that
at a higher level.