camel-users mailing list archives

From TomStrummer <tomstrum...@gmail.com>
Subject POJO services using Serializable objects as messages
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:34:23 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to use Camel+ServiceMix to expose what I'd call "real" POJO
services (i.e. not @WebService annotated or rely on Camel/ServiceMix APIs)
to build a message-driven application.  What I mean is, I have several
service classes like this:

public interface BidRetriever {
	public List<Bid> getBids();
}

public interface BidDatabaseComponent {
	public int insertBids( List<Bid> bids );
}

And (non-annotated implementations) configured as Spring beans that I then
configure via Camel like so:

    	from("timer://tutorial?fixedRate=true&delay=3000&period=10000")
    		.to("bean:bidRetriever")
    		.to("bean:bidPersistence")
    		.to("log:tom-bidList");

Now, this version works great and basically does what I want, except now I
want it to send the messages over JBI/JMS like so:

    	from("timer://tutorial?fixedRate=true&delay=3000&period=10000")
    		.to("bean:bidRetriever")
    		.convertBodyTo(Serializable.class)

.to("jbi:endpoint:urn:org:apache:servicemix:tutorial:camel:jms:provider");

from("jbi:endpoint:urn:org:apache:servicemix:tutorial:camel:jms:consumer")
    		.to("bean:bidPersistence")
    		.to("log:tom-bidList");

But Camel (or ServiceMix?) apparently doesn't understand that I want to
serialize the output to a JMS message.  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Or
just missing something simple?

Thanks.