camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject Re: ContextTestSupport
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:00:52 GMT
--- I wonder - what is it about the Spring Testing approach that you
don't
--- like? e.g. you should be able to test out individual routes using
this
--- approach?

I can test out individual routes of the complete route config using that
just fine.  But when I am writing test cases to demonstrate to
colleagues (and myself) how certain Camel components interact with our
existing systems loading the whole "live" RouteBuilder is too much.  It
is nice just to write a specific set of routes just for that test, as
Camel commmiters are doing in the test suite.  Then in the single file
you can see what routes exist, change things to mocks.  Otherwise I need
to write a seperate Spring config file per test case, and I prefer the
Java DSL.  I think part of this is becuase at the moment we writing test
cases in sort of a TDD design way rather than writing integration tests
for a complete system.