camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen">
Subject RE: Aggregator execution and timeout value
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:42:50 GMT

The timeout check is happening after your have added the exchange, so if you take 5 seconds
to add the exchange, then Camel will check the timeout on next loop (BatchProcessor). So you
should be home free, and not lose any messages ;)

See the source BatchProcessor.

However the default batch timeout is *only* 1 sec. So you should be fast to aggregate ;).
I think most people must set a timeout value that fits their use-case.

Med venlig hilsen
Claus Ibsen
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
-----Original Message-----
From: mta38 []
Sent: 30. oktober 2008 13:30
Subject: Aggregator execution and timeout value

Hi all,

I have a question about aggregator behaviour and wish someone would help me.

Suppose my aggregationStrategy aggregate function is like that:

Class MyaggregationStrategy implements AggregationStrategy {

public Exchange aggregate(Exchange oldExchange, Exchange newExchange) {

		.. some longer process on oldExchange and newExchange...

What happened if during aggregate function execution, because of timeout (of
the aggregator) the polling of the endpoint linked to the aggregator

Did in process modification on oldExchange and/or newExchange are lost?

Any help are welcome,
Thanks in advance.