camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen">
Subject RE: activemq endpoint and thread pools
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:20:30 GMT

There is a FAQ entry also, but I guess it is a bit hard to find this gem as it's the consumer
that is responsible for concurrency, and not the thread pool.

Also the jms component has some documentation how to configure concurrency:

And some notes about concurrency here:

A good tip is to use the search inputbox (menu to the right) on the camel site.

I think what is needed is a wiki page about the thread DSL and what it can be used for. And
with links to relevant pages such as some of the ones above.

Med venlig hilsen
Claus Ibsen
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
-----Original Message-----
From: huntc []
Sent: 27. oktober 2008 21:10
Subject: RE: activemq endpoint and thread pools

Hi Claus,

Thank you for pointing out that I needed the "concurrentConsumers" parameter
to my endpoint URI - that's a little hidden I must say(!). As a relative
newcomer I would have thought that the "thread" method be the thing to use.

Would it be a useful enhancement to have the thread method set the
concurrentConsumers property where the endpoint is derived from jms, or does
that pollute the code?

Kind regards,