camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: camel-http instructions wrong
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 09:44:26 GMT
Hi

Yeah the sample is wrong. It doesn't use GET but POST as you write. I will look into it, so
Camel will be smarter and use GET if the URI has parameters.

Otherwise you can provide method to use by adding a header, see wiki.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: HockeyDave [mailto:david_peterson4146@yahoo.com]
Sent: 18. oktober 2008 19:08
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: camel-http instructions wrong

Camel-http documents a way to send query parameters, but it doesn't work.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/http.html

Specifically this section:
--------------------------
URI Parameters from the Message
Map headers = new HashMap();
headers.put(HttpProducer.QUERY, "q=Camel&lr=lang_en");
// we query for Camel and english language at Google
template.sendBody("http://www.google.com/search", "", headers);
------------------------
However the signature of this call doesn't even exist.  Attempting to use a
different signature
template.sendBody("http://www.google.com/search, headers);

also won't work because the parameters just gets jammed into a post-body.
You can't leave the query actually on the URI either because you'll get a
can't find endpoint failure.  This is kind of a rock and a hard place issue
as there doesn't seem to be any way to get there from here.  :)

The issue seems to be covered in this forum entry, but I don't see any kind
of a workaround for this.  Does anyone have a workaround?
http://www.nabble.com/HttpGet-Issue-with-1.4.0-td18899762s22882.html#a18899762

Thanks
Dave