camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: MailEndpoint requires username/authentication
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:36:25 GMT
Hi

I really think this is fixed in 1.5. You can try the 1.5-SNAPSHOT that you can get from:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/download.html

We are closing in on a RC on the 1.5. We only have a few tickets left and some documentations
before the RC can be built.

Could you try the 1.5-SNAPSHOT version and let me know how it goes. If there is still an issue
then we might have time to get it fixed in 1.5.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Douglass [mailto:douglass.doug@gmail.com]
Sent: 8. oktober 2008 21:30
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: MailEndpoint requires username/authentication

Hello All,

I'm using Camel 1.4.0, trying to setup an smtp endpoint to send an email via
Spring xml, note that the smtp server in question does not require any
authentication:

 <camelContext xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring"
trace="true" >
    <route>
      <from uri="seda:eventProcessingErrors" />
      <setHeader headerName="from">
        <el>${"<![CDATA[...]]>"}</el>
      </setHeader>
      <setHeader headerName="subject">
        <el>${"<![CDATA[...]]>"}</el>
      </setHeader>
      <setHeader headerName="to">
        <el>${"<![CDATA[...]>"}</el>
      </setHeader>
      <to uri="smtp://localhost" />
    </route>
  </camelContext>

The smpt component doc[1] implies that user-info/username is not required,
but the plain smtp uri above results in a NPE in
MailConfiguration.createJavaMailProperties() when attempting to put the null
username into the Properties.

Providing a fake user-info (smtp://foo@localhost) results in, some what
expectedly, authentication exceptions.

So, should MailConfiguration ignore null user-info/username and not try to
put them in the JavaMail Properties?

TIA,
Doug

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/camel/mail.html