camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Problem with FileEndpoint
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:51:32 GMT
Hi Claus,

I have added my example project to the issue.

About the FileMessage. I understand that large files are important but
wouldn´t it be better to put an InputStream into the message. In this
case it would be an InputStream from a file but the concept is much more
general than transmitting a File object. For a JMS message you could use
an InputStream from the message content. Both quite different cases
could be handled with the same message type.

I would even make the assumption that Camel could live with just one
message class that allows to store Streams for binary data,
Readers/Writers for textual data and Objects. Together with the
properties this could be flexible enough for all cases.

All the different message types are just making things quite complex.

Greetings

Christian

Claus Ibsen schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the workaround.
>
> I would still however like to investigate the bug. I will create a ticket for it.
>
> Some end-users need to access the java.io.File and not read the content into memory as
they need to work on the file stream instead. Some end-users reads 1gb CSV files etc.

--

Christian Schneider
---