camel-users mailing list archives

From Kaj <...@finally.se>
Subject Small API change suggestion, TimeUnit
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:57:07 GMT

Hi all,

I just went to Bruce Snyder's presentation on Camel at Software Summit. It
was a great session, and it looks like Camel is really great, but I saw that
something could be made a bit better :)

Some methods in the API takes a time value. The time value is in
milliseconds, and some of the methods are named something like fooMs, while
some others only are named foo.

Knowing how much 24000 ms is isn't the easiest thing. Why not overload the
metods, or change the API so that the methods instead takes a TimeUnit and a
value as argument. E.g. TimeUnit.MINUTES, 5.

(I didn't know if I should have posted this in the user list or the
developer list so I posted it here).

Kaj