camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAMEL Servlet Endpoint
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:46:26 GMT

Guillaume,

Have you had a look to the ajax component of activemq
(http://activemq.apache.org/ajax.html). It allows you to create real-time
application based on AJAX javascript at the client side and jms queues at
the server side. Each time a message (for which the client has subscribed
through a topic by example) is placed in the queue, the poll mechanism
implemented through the Continuation servlet of Jetty will allow the client
after x seconds to receive the message. For more information, please have a
look to the page mentioned.

Remark : I'm currently working on a small Proof Of Concept extending the
existing portfolio sample with Camel in order to provide messages on the bus
instead of the PortfolioServlet generating randomly stock prices.

KR,

Charles

GLD wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to embed Camel in a WebApp.  The web app will be hosted in an
> application server like JONAS (/tomcat or JETTY) or Weblogic.
>
> I want to create a route like this
>   <from   [MY CONSUMER ENDPOINT]  />
>   <process ref="myProcessor" />
>   <to [MY PRODUCER ENDPOINT] />
>
> As camel is embedded in a webapp, I want to use the web container of the
> application server to listen to http request ( I.E, I want to configure a
> servlet to listen httpRequests and send back httpResponses).
>
> Reading the doc, I didn't find the way to do this.
> In examples, consumers are jetty or CXF but It seems they re create
> another http listener and I don't want it.
>
> I looked at the Axis example, It uses a ProducerTemplate
> It is interesting but I don't know if I can use this kind of Producer
> template to identify the [from] endpoint of a route.
>
> The Second part of the question is how do I create a route for the
> response received from my [MY PRODUCER ENDPOINT]
>
> Regards, guillaume

-----
Enterprise Architect

Xpectis