camel-users mailing list archives

From HockeyDave <david_peterson4...@yahoo.com>
Subject camel-http instructions wrong
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:08:10 GMT

Camel-http documents a way to send query parameters, but it doesn't work.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/http.html

Specifically this section:
--------------------------
URI Parameters from the Message
Map headers = new HashMap();
headers.put(HttpProducer.QUERY, "q=Camel&lr=lang_en");
// we query for Camel and english language at Google
template.sendBody("http://www.google.com/search", "", headers);
------------------------
However the signature of this call doesn't even exist.  Attempting to use a
different signature
template.sendBody("http://www.google.com/search, headers);

also won't work because the parameters just gets jammed into a post-body.
You can't leave the query actually on the URI either because you'll get a
can't find endpoint failure.  This is kind of a rock and a hard place issue
as there doesn't seem to be any way to get there from here.  :)

The issue seems to be covered in this forum entry, but I don't see any kind
of a workaround for this.  Does anyone have a workaround?
http://www.nabble.com/HttpGet-Issue-with-1.4.0-td18899762s22882.html#a18899762

Thanks
Dave