camel-users mailing list archives

From huntc <>
Subject Camel inside CXF or CXF inside Camel
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:48:16 GMT

Hi there,

I'm looking for a little guidance on best-practice use of CXF and Camel.

I have a CXF based web service and I would like to publish the payload it
receives to a topic. I then want various subscribers to the topic to receive
the payload and subsequently process it.

My CXF service is presently housed in a Tomcat container, but I'm thinking
that I should use the Spring container and house a Camel context. I would
then declare my CXF service to my Camel context so that I could route from

Does this sound like the right approach?

If so then does my CXF service implementation become obsolete? i.e. is it
just my SEI that gets used if all that I want to do is publish the payload
it receives to the topic?

Kind regards,