camel-users mailing list archives

From RobMMS <>
Subject Debugger InterceptStrategy
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:23:45 GMT

I wanted to test the Debugger in my route and tried to add it as an
InterceptStrategy, so that I can inspect the nodes in my route. I've done
the following:

// create a simple route and hang in the debugger
cc.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
	  // add a debugger interceptor
	  getContext().addInterceptStrategy(new Debugger());

//send a test message
pt.sendBody("direct:start", "DebuggerTest");
//get the Debugger
//get the Exchanges-List of node "direct:start"
List<Exchange> list = debugger.getExchanges("direct:start");
for(Exchange ex : list) {
	System.out.println("Body: "+ ex.getIn().getBody());

But my list of Exchanges is null. I expected it to contain my

Actually there is no DebugInterceptor at "direct:start", since
DebugInterceptor di = debugger.getInterceptor("direct:start");
returns null either

So what do I have to do to get use of the Debugger to inspect the nodes,