camel-users mailing list archives

From "raulvk.soa" <raulvk....@gmail.com>
Subject Call-out pattern
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:04:53 GMT

Hi everyone,

We need to implement a specific routing scenario for which we are
considering either BPEL or Camel, but we are not sure whether Camel actually
supports its implementation.

Basically, we need to achieve a pattern by which, when receiving a message,
we first call out to endpoint A (via ServiceMix JBI), that decides whether
the message should be processed or not. The message sent to this endpoint
should be a *NEW* message, and not a transformation/replacement of the
incoming message.

If the answer from endpoint A is "yes", then we recover the original
message, transform it accordingly and send it to endpoint B.

Therefore, we cannot use the pipeline clause because we do not want the
output of endpoint A to be the input to endpoint B. Instead, we need
something like a call-out that preserves the original message untouched....

Is this achievable with Camel? Perhaps by using nested routes?

Many thanks,

Raul.