camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <>
Subject Re: Canonical Setup
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:07:39 GMT

I propose that you have a look to the spring-integration project which is
integrated with Camel as a component now.

According to this approach, you can spring endpoint to send from spring
messages and/or consume them from Camel. This approach creates a kind of
abstraction that you are looking for. Otherwise, you have to use by example
webservices (designed with apache cxf) that you will use between Camel and
your web application

Charles Moulliard

Me Coder wrote:
> I have read through "all" camel docs and managed a few simple setup, but I
> can't figure the below "canonical" setup:
> WebApp (uses Srping and starting point to send data to all endpoints)
> EndPoint1 ... EndPoint-n (all pojos, need to keep them as pojos and
> independent of camel as much as possible).
> Between the WebApp and the EndPoints, in a production system, we will
> probably use JMS.  In the dev environment, we'd like WebApp and EndPoint
> to exist in the WebApp "process context".
> How do I go about with a setup to enable fast boot and test in the dev
> environment and at the same time I can achieve the prod architecture with
> minimal configuration changes?
> In other words, I need to keep the communications between the WebApp and
> its EndPoints as independent of the underlying transport and isolate Camel
> API classes as much as possible.
> Does anyone have a setup handy they can share?
> Thanks...

Enterprise Architect

12, route d'Esch
L-1470 Luxembourg