camel-users mailing list archives

From pratibhaG <pratibha.ghog...@in2m.com>
Subject Message lost during redelivery
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 06:38:05 GMT

I am using camel inside servicemix.
I have message flow like this
1)A message is put in a jms topic called updateProfileTopic.
2)jms consumer consumes the message and sends the message to an application
through http provider.
3)When jms consumer sends message to http provider, the application may be
down.
4)If application is down, the message delivery is retried. After all re
deliveries (4) the message is put in a queue called application.error.queue.
5)I have set the redelivery of message as follows.
        .maximumRedeliveries(4)
        .useExponentialBackOff()
        .initialRedeliveryDelay(15000L)
        .backOffMultiplier(2.0)

Now suppose the message is redelivered 2 times but still the application is
down. By the time it redelivers third time, I stopped the servicemix.
In this case I do find the message any where. Either it should have been in
the topic updateProfileTopic or in queue application.error.queue.
But do not find it. It seems to be lost. How can I get the message.

As my operation is asynchronous when client puts the message in topic
updateProfileTopic I send a success message to client. So if I lose the
message after sending success message it would be inconsistent.

How can i recollect the message?

-Pratibha