camel-users mailing list archives

From huntc <>
Subject RE: How to use Aggregator and AggregationCollection?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 00:35:10 GMT

Hi Claus,

Thank you very much for your reply. My response:

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Do you have any predicates for when the files have reached the end?

I believe that the aggregator's default predicate is to timeout after 1
second or 100 exchanges.

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> See the loan broker example:
> that shows how to use aggregate. A good example that is.
Thank you. I have studied this example.

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> For instance the file consumer could be improved to determine the list of
> files at first, and then afterwards iterate this list so it can add this
> metadata itself to each exchange. Then you can determine the completed
> predicate. However I can see this problem for other consumers as well, so
> a more general solution would be nice to discuss. For instance maybe we
> need something extra to polling consumers so they can support callbacks
> for end.
I think that what I need to do is within the realms of the aggregator we
have, and perhaps the aggregator collection class that we have. I just do
not understand how they can work in this instance. For example, there are no
examples re. how an aggregator collection class operates.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards,