camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject RE: loggingErrorHandler defaults to INFO
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 12:29:14 GMT

From: "Claus Ibsen" <ci@silverbullet.dk>
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:12:56 +0200
Subject: RE: loggingErrorHandler defaults to INFO

Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gilday [mailto:martin.lists@imap.cc]
Sent: 7. oktober 2008 13:41
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: loggingErrorHandler defaults to INFO

Hi,
Was it a conscious decision to make
errorHandler(loggingErrorHandler("my.logger.name")); to configure a
logger which has its level set to INFO?  From the name I would really
think it should default to ERROR, seeing as it logs whenever an
exception is caught i.e an error.  On our live servers we get emailed on
ERROR and I onlu noticed the queue had been failing when I looked at the
JMX console.  I know that I can change this by calling .setLevel but I
think ERROR would be a much more sensible default.  If anyone else
agrees then I can create a JIRA and attach a patch (it should only be a
one line change in LoggingErrorHandlerBuilder).

Martin.