camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: xstream marshalling
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:09:43 GMT
BTW: Last time there was this "null" message after xstream wans't it also because of the file.encoding?

Maybe we should write a FAQ entry/or at camel-xstream that if "null" then its lickely the
file.encoding issue.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Chekan [mailto:kot.begemot@gmail.com]
Sent: 19. september 2008 01:11
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: xstream marshalling

Ok, finally I got it.
In one case javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory was created as
com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLOutputFactoryImpl and in another as
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory.

Ctc implementation worked fine, but Sun's implementation is sensitive
to file.encoding vm setting and worked on my box only when I set
UTF-8.

I think it is not a good idea to have a random xml implementation
being picked up. Should I submit a patch which fixates
"com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory"?
Well, if we expect this implementation, then perhaps static linking
and creating via old good constructor will be more reliable?

Vadim.