camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Usage of Camel to acheive MessageListner within an Application
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:22:52 GMT
Hi

Yeah a POC was what got me started as well with Camel. Well it was my "track potential OS
in my spare time, but anyway..". Glad to have you on the ride.

Yes it's possible. You can have a producer sending the changed preference to a consumer. For
transport of choice look at the component list:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/components.html

I would suggest starting with the build in types in camel-core such as:
- direct  (sync)
- seda    (async)

These are for message exchanges within the same application. There is also a vm component
for java vm-wide message exchanges.

You can check out the getting started tutorial:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/walk-through-an-example.html

Here you use the direct/seda endpoints instead of file and jms

Annotations
===========
Camel 1.4 has a @MessageDriven annotation that can be used for any consumer (not just JMS
as EJB MDB). In Camel 1.5 we also have a @Producer annotation, but you can use @EndpointInject
in Camel 1.4 to inject and endpoint or even easier a ProducerTemplate to use for sending the
message to the endpoint.

If you have the time checkout some of the tutorials:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tutorials.html

See this tutorial about annotations (in the bottom)
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tutorial-axis-camel.html

But crank some code to try getting the producer and consumer to "communicate".

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21