camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Reliable resequencing
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:02:14 GMT
Hi

Did you every get a response to this one?

I will try to get some attention to the CAMEL-126 issue and with help from SMX people also.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: dirk.mahler [mailto:dirk.mahler@buschmais.com]
Sent: 5. september 2008 15:16
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Reliable resequencing

Hi,

we integrated Camel 1.4 as JBI component into ServiceMix and tried to use
the stream resequencer to reconstruct the "natural" order of our messages.

The routing on ServiceMix (SMX) level is defined as follows:

SMX transactional JMS/JCA consumer -> Camel JBI Component -> SMX Bean SE

The Camel JBI Component is configured to provide resequencing the following
way (I left out some message body conversion stuff):

from("jbi:endpoint:...")
  .resequencer(sequenceExpression)
  .stream(config)
  .to("jbi:endpoint:.../beanEndpoint");

Resequencing seems to work but according to some simple tests it cannot be
guaranteed that all messages will reach the final consumer (in our case the
bean endpoint) if there's a system failure: Camel acknowlegdes the message
exchange to the JMS Consumer but then holds the messages in a non-persistent
queue before delivering them to the SMX bean endpoint. We found an existing
JIRA issue (CAMEL-126, https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-126)
which at a first glance seems to address our concerns by thinking about
synchronous dispatching - would this solve our problem or is there already
another solution?

-----
Dirk Mahler
Senior Consultant

buschmais GbR
Inhaber  Torsten Busch, Frank Schwarz, Dirk Mahler, Tobias Israel
Adresse  buschmais GbR, Leipziger Straße 93, 01127 Dresden
Telefon  +49 (0) 351 3209 23-0
Fax       +49 (0) 351 3209 23-29
Telefon  +49 (0) 1577 198 295 0
E-Mail   dirk.mahler@buschmais.com