camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Camel won't invoke my custom MINA codec
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:56:42 GMT
Hi Conrad

Glad you go tit solved and thanks for the pointers to the tutorial. Maybe we should link to
it from camel-mina.

If you think you length protocol can benefit others and it should be a part of Camel then
we love contributions:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/contributing.html

You can attack your code as a ticket in our tracker (JIRA) at:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/support.html
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk
-----Original Message-----
From: Conrad Pilloud [mailto:conrad.pilloud@ngc.com]
Sent: 5. september 2008 17:34
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: Camel won't invoke my custom MINA codec

Thanks for the quick response.  Problem solved--my custom codec is now
faithfully de-chunking the socket within Camel 1.4.0.

Following your suggestion, I turned on debug logging by adding the following
to my POM.xml
<dependency>
    <groupId>log4j</groupId>
    <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.12</version>
</dependency>
And by editing log4j.properties file under src/main/resources to from INFO
to DEBUG.

Sure enough, my codec bean, lcf, was not getting instantiated.
The culprit:  I had commented out the bean in my camel-context.xml earlier
in the day!!  Grrr.

BTW, if anyone wants an example of implementing a custom codec, the MINA
http://mina.apache.org/tutorial-on-protocolcodecfilter.html Tutorial on
ProtocolCodedFilter  is great.  I can e-mail my length-protocol
implementation if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Conrad