camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Camel and ActiveMQ
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:09:16 GMT
nitingupta183 schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I have recently started work on the Camel and I am really excited to see it
> in action. I would like to know that will it be possible to make it work
> with JMS providers other than ActiveMQ i.e. MQ Series, JBOSS MQ? Well I
> don't see any immidiate need of switching ActiveMQ, but just want to stay
> clear of any library lock-in.
>
> Regards,
> Nitin

That depends on what you mean by make it work. You can use any JMS
provider when using the JMS Component. For most problems that is all you
need.
In this case camel is a separate component that runs either standalone
or embedded into your app.

The only use case that is limited to ActiveMQ is running Camel inside
the JMS Server.

Greetings

Christian

--